Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Why I Chose Management Subject?



Why I chose management subject?

I had a difficult time choosing a major in college. With so many options, choosing your major is hard. Firstly i had no idea that i would choose management subject. I graduated from vocational high school, my major was hotel management. At that time i was so confused to choose a college major, should I continue in hotel management or take other majors? So I asked my parents and my teacher major what major is right for me. And then my teacher, Bu Indah suggested economics major to me. She said “It’s up to you what major you will choose, but i recomend don’t take hotel management again because you are only repeating what you already know, you have to learn something new that still connect with hospitality industry such as accounting or management business”. 

Since that day, i tried to find out about accounting and management majors. Is management or accounting major that right for me? In accounting you will study core accounting and finance subjects, complemented with the study of economics and law. In management You will be introduced to the concept of management processes and practices in a global context and develop an understanding of the management theory and its relevance to practice. 

Finally I chose management, with full consideration. Why I chose management instead accounting? I think management seems to be scientific subject of improving people’s thought. Studying for management major allows you to develop a broad understanding of business organisations and provides you with subject-specific knowledge in areas such as markets, customers, finance, operations, communication, information technology and business policy and strategy. And not only training people who are good at earning money, this major helps me control finance, control time, control myself to reach my goals, etc. And now I am in the 8th semester at Gunadarma University with management major.

No comments:

Post a Comment